Version 2 — Updated 24-11-2022
ERA-IX is a new open and truly neutral internet exchange located in Amsterdam. Our goal is to make quality internet exchanging affordable and neutral. We are founded by network engineers with no commercial interference or preference from external factors. We are dedicated to provide the best internet exchanging service possible.
Each ISP meeting requirements is allowed to join our IX, and we prefer an open policy which will benefit the connectivity in Europe. In order to maintain security, quality and continuity the following requirements are in place for our members:
- The member must be a legal entity.
- The member will only carry legal activity abiding by Dutch law.
- Communications between ERA-IX and members must be treated as confidential.
- The member must have an ASN (Autonomous System Number) registered through one of the IRRs.
For our administration, members are required to have correct contact information, we require the following:
- A valid postal address.
- An email address for administrative communication.
- An email address for technical communication.
- A NOC phone number or email address that is available 24/7 for emergencies.
In order to be compliant and ensure a stable environment, we maintain the following technical requirements:
- For every connected service (single port or LAG) the member must provide a MAC-address which will allowed to connect to the peering LAN.
- Members will not (make any attempt to) interfere with traffic from other members.
- Members must have and be authorized to announce at least one (1) internet routable subnet (/24 or larger).
- A direct physical connection to our infrastructure is required.
- Members must maintain correct and up to date IRR records.
- Members are encouraged to keep an up-to-date PeeringDB record.
- Members are encouraged to apply strict route filtering on all their peering sessions.
When setting up your port, additional technical requirements apply.
We offer ISPs wanting to join free consult in order to get connected to our exchange. Feel free to contact us for more information. Consulting limited to best-effort support. In no case can ERA-IX be held liable for any damages caused by provided consultancy.